Financial Aid Availability
Financial aid is available to those that qualify. We recognize that, in many instances, individuals and their families are not able to meet the entire cost of education. Therefore, the Financial Aid Office will assist students with the process of applying for student financial aid.
Department of Education Federal Student Aid
Jenks Beauty College offers the following types of Federal Student Aid:
- Pell and SEOG Grants – unlike a loan, these do not have to be repaid. Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree and the amount awarded is based on financial need.
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans – are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of high education.
- Plus Loans – are federal loans that parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay for college or career school.
Students must apply for Federal Student Aid by filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
How to Complete Your FAFSA
- Create an FSA ID – Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID. This is made up of a username and password to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents. Instructions and a link to create your FSA ID can be found at the FSAID Website.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – This form is used to apply for federal student financial aid, such as the Pell Grant, student loans, and federal work-study. Completing the FAFSA is essential to determining your financial aid eligibility. Once you have your PIN, go to the FAFSA website to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For the current academic year, you will need to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA. If you have previously completed your 2016-2017 for another institution, all you will need to do is add Jenks Beauty College school code 015428.
- Check Your Verification – Verification is a process used to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied on the FAFSA. Approximately 30% of the students who complete the FAFSA are randomly selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education.
To find out if you are selected for verification, read the comments on the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to you by the Department of Education. If you have not received your SAR, you can check it online. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and open your financial aid application or contact your Financial Aid Advisor as soon as possible. If you receive notification that you have been selected for verification, contact your Financial Aid Advisor with any questions. Next, you should collect copies of documents that the Financial Aid Office requests. There are a few common documents that will always be required to complete verification. In some cases, these documents will be enough, in other cases, your Financial Aid Advisor will contact you for additional information.
- Financial Award – If you have been verified and qualified, you will be notified of your estimated financial award.
- Complete Entrance Counseling – If you have not previously received a subsidized or unsubsidized loan under the Direct Loan Program or a subsidized or unsubsidized Stafford Loan under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFEL), you will be required to complete Entrance Counseling prior to receiving your loan money. Go to www.studentloans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note – To take out a loan from the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). The MPN is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loans and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). A MPN can be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
AACS Ace Grants
Applications are available at the American Association of Cosmetology’s. Fill out an ACE Grant application and submit to Jenks Beauty College.
Veterans Education Benefits
Veterans Education Benefits with approval from the Veterans Administration. For more information call the Education Call Center at (888)442-4551 or visit their website at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Oklahoma Vocational Rehabilitation Educational Assistance
Oklahoma Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits are accepted with authorization from the Department of Human Services. Call (918)382-7700 or visit their website www.okrehab.org for more information.
Oklahoma Indian Tribes
Financial assistance is available for qualifying students. Contact you tribal office.
Monthly payments can be arranged with approval from the school. The school accepts VISA/MC/Discover.